DOS wildcards w/ 2.0.5a

Fred Viles fv at epitools.com
Wed Dec 15 01:19:21 GMT 1999

I've recently set up a new server running RH 6.1 and Samba 2.0.5a.
All our older servers are running 1.9.18p10, and were left that way
on the "If it ain't broke" principle.

On the new server, I've noticed that DOS wildcards don't work
correctly for some (but not all) old 16-bit DOS programs running
under Win95/98.  The symptom is that the program only "finds" the
first file matching the wildcard spec.

The WHATSNEW.txt file says that 2.0.5a contains a fix for a DOS
wildcard bug, so I'm wondering if that fix fixed one thing and broke
another.

I did search the archive of this list, and was surprised to find no
mention of this problem.  Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA...

- Fred Viles <mailto:fv at epitools.com>