Your message Re: Samba and printer comments (July 5 1999)

Ian Cameron I.A.Cameron at open.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 08:16:09 GMT 1999

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  The output of lpq seems to give some of the
answers, but not all in my case!  I have three printers defined, and lpq gives
the following output for each:

sloe:~# lpq -Plw-s1009
no entries

sloe:~# lpq -Plw-s1020
Kyocera OK
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size

sloe:~# lpq -Pij-s1019
no entries

lw-s1009 is an Apple LaserWriter 8500 connected as a remote printer
lw-s1020 is a Kyocera FS-3600 connected as a remote printer
ij-s1019 is an Epson Color Stylus 600 on a local parallel port

The whole comment does not seem to come from the output of lpq though, since
the full comment for lw-s1020 is "Kyocera Laser Printer FS-3600", and this
does show up in the comment box on a Windows 98 client, but the other two both
produce comments of "no entries"!

Thanks for again for your response, at least I'm not the only person to have
noticed this!  Perhaps some people on the list might have answers this time?

--
Cheers, Ian.