Lockingproblems with Solaris 2.6 and NFS

Julien Boppert boppert at hdz-ima.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 18 12:19:53 GMT 1999

Hello

we have an Enterprise 450 with Solaris 2.6 and mounted NFS-shares from
an Sparc 20 (Solaris 2.6 too). On the Enterprise we run Samba 2.0.5a as
PDC and export the mounted Shares with Samba to our WIN NT 4.0
Servicepack 3 Clients.
Our problem is, that we can not set locking = yes, because then the
Windowsclients can not open each files correctly. On our Sparc 20 we
run  a Samba 2.0.5a too without NFS-Shares and there we had no problem
!!!

I think the locking from the NFS will not work with Samba locking. Can
it be true ?

bye

Julien Boppert