SAMBA digest 2186

Bruce Cook cook at ccis.adisys.com.au
Tue Aug 3 02:36:05 GMT 1999

The way I deal with this is to use SetGID.

The way this works is that you set the setgid bit on a directory,
and any file or directory created under it inherits it's group, rather
than the primary group of the process creating it.

 Directories created under this directory also inherit the SetGID bit.

This means that if you have one share, with all the top level
directories in it.  Then each of those directories has it's
own group, and has the setgid bit set, you should get what you want.

to set the gid bit:

chmod g+s foo
or
chmod 2770 foo