Samba 2.0.3 and NT Clients

Marco.Schwarz at freudenberg.de Marco.Schwarz at freudenberg.de
Wed Apr 21 10:45:49 GMT 1999

Hello everbody,

I have a small problems with Samba 2.0.3/SuSE 6.1 and my Windows NT Clients:

As long as I'm working with Win311/95/98 clients everything is OK, but when
I try to connect with a WinNT 4.0 client, I get the following errormessage
(translated from german, so the US message may sound a little different):

Unable to connect to \\linux_server_01
Unable to log on with this account from this station

Errorcode: 1240

- Plain Passwords are enabled in NT
- Security is set to USER
- no hosts allow or hosts deny

One other thing: On those machines which have dual boot with DOS/Win95, I
was able to connect to SAMBA after making a first connection with the old
OS.

Anybody got any ideas what could be the problem here ?

Thanks,

Marco Schwarz.