Guest Printing

James Strauch jamey at san-jose.beasys.com
Tue Apr 20 17:09:15 GMT 1999

Dear Samba Guru's

I have a very specific configuration I am trying to make work. In a
nutshell I am trying to
make printing a GUEST service for any given printer. But I would like to do
this WITHOUT using the
force user = samba

It the current configuration, all users who want to print to a Samba
printer require a vailid login and password.
But if they are a guest and require printing, it deny's them access.

Any ideas on how to enable guest printing for users without valid login id's?

Configuration Information:
	Samba version 1.9.18p7
	Solaris 2.6 Rev_11

Here is the partial configuration:

[global]
      share modes = yes
        locking = yes
        strict locking = yes
        keepalive = 30
        dead time = 15
        lock directory = /var/spool/locks
        printing = sysv
        printcap name = /usr/local/samba/lib/printcap
        logfile=/tmp/smb-print.log

        lpq cache time = 0

[sj-mis]
    browseable = yes
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    printable = yes
    comment = B&W in San Jose #1, 4th Floor, SE (aka sjc1-ss4)
    path = /var/spool/samba_lp/sj-mis