can't load library libc.so.5

Roman Blöth bloeth at gosub.de
Tue Apr 6 09:08:13 GMT 1999

Dear SAMBA-users,

after upgrading my S.u.S.E. - distribution to Linux kernel 2.2.x (along with glibc) SAMBA doesn't seem to run smoothly any more. When I try to invoke smbrun it gives the following error message:

./smbrun: can't load library 'libc.so.5'

I don't really understand linux that good - but I think that this has got to do with the fact, that the new linux I just installed now uses the glibc. But I don't know what this libc.so.5 is good for and how and where I should install it on our linux file server.

Perhaps this might be a simple question for someone of you, so any answer would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Roman.