HP printer drivers on a Samba server?

Ian Eure ieure at crosssound.narrows.com
Mon Apr 5 20:05:49 GMT 1999

Hi. Lately, I have been playing around with the printer driver
auto-install feature of Samba. I have got it working with an Okipage 8c
color laser printer, with a little tweaking, but I can't figure out how
to get HP printer drivers onto it. They seem not to follow the windows
printer driver conventions(?), and are not described in any of the .inf
files in c:\windows\inf as described in the Samba documentation. I have
not seen mention of this problem on the list archives, either.

Has anyone successfully gotten the printer driver install stuff working
with HP products? I'm looking at hosting a LaserJet 4000, and several
DeskJet (670, 850, 870, 1120) printers off of my Linux box, and cannot
for the life of me figure out why I can't get the information I need
from the windows boxes.

Any help is appriciated.

<ieure at crosssound.narrows.com>                                 |
| Network Administrator, Cross Sound Appraisal
Company                    |

| "A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of
thinking." |