Problem with dir /s on Win 95

Wolfgang Albrecht Wolfgang_Albrecht at compuserve.com
Mon Apr 5 20:39:20 GMT 1999

Hi,

today I found a strange behaviour on a Win 95 computer connected to our
Samba server. I'm using Samba 1.9.18p8 on a PC running Linux.

When I open a Dos-Box and do a dir /s, it normally shows the contents of
the current directory and all of its subdirectories. When I open a second
Dos-Box and unzip files from my PC to the server using UnZip 5.31
from Info-ZIP, the dir /s in the first Dos-Box does not show me the
contents of the subdirectories, it just works like the dir command
without /s.

Is this a bug in Samba? Are there other problems that might occur when
different applications read and write at the same time?

Wolfgang_Albrecht at Compuserve.com