Strange thing with free diskspace (PR#10111)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wed Sep 30 19:15:55 GMT 1998

ra at hp.is wrote:

> I installed the lastest samba on a HP-UX 10.20 system that is well
> patched.  On that box I have a filesystem that 90 Gigs total size.
> Free space in the filesystem is now 70 Gigs, but samba only
> reports just under 4 gigs to PC's (or Mac's running something called
> dave)
>
> What can I do about this ?

Nothing right now - Samba 1.9.18 only implements
the parts of the protocol that report disk sizes <= 4Gb
(2^32 -1).

Samba-2 does this correctly - on a platform with large
file support you can happily create & use 20GB files (I
have one to test with right now :-) and also it will
report filesystem sizes >4Gb correctly.

If you can't wait - try the latest alpha's or via
anonymous CVS at:

http://samba.anu.edu.au/cvs.html

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,