samba do not preserve case

Peter Debus pdebus at turing.une.edu.au
Tue Sep 29 22:54:00 GMT 1998

Have you tried "short preserve case" ?

The default is "short preserve case = no" for file names that conform
to the 8.3 format. This will convert file names to the "default case".
See "default case" option in the smb.conf man page.

Peter Debus
School of Mathematical Computer Sciences
University of New England
Armidale NSW
Australia

Ph: 61 (0)267 73 2412 Fax: 61 (0)267 73 3312