what would it take ... ("Unix cmd line on NT")

Jan Vicherek honza at ied.com
Fri Sep 25 22:57:32 GMT 1998

  Heyya,

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Ben Kosse wrote:

> You've almost got it (I think).
>
> Your solution sounds very reasonable, however I would take it one step
> farther and simply make /home mount \\master\users\.

  But that way linux wouldn't know how to handle permissions, right ? I.e.
\\master\users\ would have to be mounted on /home as NTdom1\Administrator,
which in turn means that anything written to e.g. /home/john/myfiles from
linux would end up having owner(or permissions) of NTdom1\Administrator on
the NT network !

 Is that right ? Or would it have owner/permissions of john ?

         Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger honza at ied.com