Letter case not preserved

Ben Kelley ben_kelley at wdr.com
Tue Sep 22 01:25:22 GMT 1998

Hi.

> > All files transferred to my Samba server end up with lower case on the
> > Unix box.  Case is not preserved from NT to Unix.  For example, if I
> > copy C:\Temp\MyFile to a directory on the Samba server, it
> > ends up there
> > as myfile.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > I browsed the FAQ's in the web pages, without success...
>

> Try preserve case = yes.  The default case for Samba is lower case (I
> think) but that is configurable too (default case = upper)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Regards,
>
> Darren Smith

I've come across this problem also. I have:

    mangle case = no
    preserve case = yes

set, but all files seem to get created in lower case. Am I missing
something?

                - Ben Kelley.

Ben Kelley - ben_kelley at wdr.com
Phone +61 2 9324 2382    Fax +61 2 9324 2400

Internet        - http://i.am/ben_kelley
SBCWDR Intranet - http://syddevwww/People/Ben_Kelley.html
Warburg Dillon Read, Level 24, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, 2000 Australia