Slow VC++ builds from Linux fileserver

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Mon Sep 14 11:41:43 GMT 1998

You replied:
| Although this doesn't guard against the compiler opening the header
| files unnecessarily, it does prevent redefined warning. I don't know
} the consequences of this on the behavior of the compiler in terms of
| reading the precompiled header file though.

	The precompoled header files are a performance workaround
	for the same thing that #ifdef XXX_H is a correctness
	workaround for.

	The best thing for the Samba folks if to help them
	find the NT differences, so the kluges all work (:-))

--dave (madly removing kluges as we speak) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown,  | Cherish your enemies.  They're harder to
185 Ellerslie Ave.,   | come by than friends and more motivated.