One problem solved one to go

Joe Wronkowski jwronkowski at cypress-tech.net
Mon Sep 14 23:06:09 GMT 1998

Hi all,
Ok I got the compile error fixed.  The fix was:
bzip2-libc5.gz
egcs-1.0.3-libc5.x86.tar.bz2
binutils-2.9.1.0.7-libc5.x86.tar.gz
as suggested by Simon Greaves

So that fixed that problem but still no authentication.  I have
experimented with my home network which has 1 nt server, 1 linux server,
and 2 98 machines.  The fix so far has been to have authentication done by
security = server and then password server = my NT machine.  It works but I
want to figure out why it dosn't use the unix password file.  I don't know
if this would have anything to do with it but with the windows machine I
automatically log into the nt domain.  I have incorportated the Win95fix
for plainpasswords.  Any one have any ideas.

thanks
Joe Wronkowski