New to Samba need some help

Norm Long nlong at worldvision.org
Fri Sep 11 23:09:01 GMT 1998

Greetings, my name is Norm Long.  I have been trying to install Samba on a
HP-UX 10.20 machine without much success.  Actually the only problem I have
is getting nmbd to run.  I can do a net view \\Hosea  from my nt
workstation and see all the directories specified in the smb.conf file and
can from Hosea do a smbclient -L hosea and see a list of available shares
for Hosea.   But when I go to explorer and the domain I placed Hosea in I
don't see Hosea as an server, nor do I see it when I do a net view from my
nt workstation with no options.   On Hosea I can see smbd running but I
can't get the nmbd process to start, using the following command
/opt/samba/bin/nmbd -D /var/adm/smblogs/log

My other request is regarding the latest version of Samba for hp-ux 10.20,
can anyone tell me where I can get latest version in swinstall format?  I
noticed the version I'm running Samba 1.9.15p8 is not the current version
so perhaps my problems are related to an older version.   Could someone
please advise?   I would appreciate this very much as I'm at a dead end.