W95 and no update from samba shares

Wolfgang Brungert wbr at newton.msro.DeTeMobil.de
Wed Oct 28 08:06:36 GMT 1998

Hi,

i have a annoying problem that drives me crazy.
We have set up a Digital/Unix box with samba and the clients (W95) can mount
the shares from this box. On the Unix side we create a textfile which will be
periodically (or not) appended with new data. A Application on the W95 side
reads this file.

The Problem is, that the textfile has new lines, the Application don't see
them !!!

To make the Situation confusing:
If i use edit.com in a dos box i can see the new lines !!
If i use notepad.exe i don't see the new lines !??!

Has anyone a idea how to solve this ????

Many Thanks,
Wolfgang Brungert

 Wolfgang Brungert                         phone: +49 251 977 4142
 DeTeMobil                                 fax:   +49 251 977 4149
 Roddestrasse 12                           mail: wbr at DeTeMobil.de
 48047 Muenster