Sometime cannot connect to samba server, Why ?

Panyarak Aaron Ngamsritragul panya at me.psu.ac.th
Wed Oct 28 03:40:08 GMT 1998

I have tried the method you have suggested and still experience
the same problem.  It is true that I have turned on all File and
Printer Sharing Function in all Win95 clients.

It is also strange that this problem does not happen to the clients
which have been assigned to use the share resource in the samba
server after booted, i.e. I put all the MS Office Program (or CD-ROM)
to a share in samba and install this package in each client at
'run from CD-ROM' option.  This means that most of the components
of the MS Office is in the share of samba.

The exact error message when the server refused connection is
"\\Me-serv is not accessible.  No permission to access resource".

Do you think I have to upgrade to a newer version as Michael Kohne
has suggested ?  If that is the only method to solve this problem,
I will have to do it....

Panyarak Ngamsritragul
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Prince of Songkla University.