INTERNAL ERROR - Sig 11

Jordan Krushen jkrushen at home.com
Sat Oct 24 07:36:11 GMT 1998

I've had Samba 1.9.18p3 running on a FreeBSD 2.2.7 box at home for months
without problems, but after installing 1.9.18p10 on a 2.2.7 box, with the
same smb.conf (except for an IP change in the interfaces config and the
Netbios server name), I keep getting the following entry in log.nmb
immediately after boot:

root at gw# cat log.nmb
1998/10/24 00:36:51 netbios nameserver version 1.9.18p10 started
Copyright Andrew Tridgell 1994-1997
Got SIGHUP dumping debug info.
INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 330 (1.9.18p10)
Please read the file BUGS.txt in the distribution
Dumping core in /usr/local/samba/var/corefiles

gdb is as follows.. Is this any help?  This box is going to be a production
server.. Getting this cleared up would help greatly.  I've never come across
this with Samba before.

J.

root at gw# cd corefiles
root at gw# gdb /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd nmbd.core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `nmbd'.
Cannot access memory at address 0x2004e080.
#0  0x1eae5 in find_workgroup_on_subnet ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x1eae5 in find_workgroup_on_subnet ()
#1  0x1f83c in write_browse_list ()
#2  0x17f5a in sig_hup ()
#3  0xefbfdfdc in ?? ()
#4  0x19146 in main ()