Win95 and mixed case passwords (1.9.18p8)

Christopher Kranz clk at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Oct 2 18:18:05 GMT 1998

Mac wrote:

> I have Password-Caching disabled on the Win95 client, and Samba is not
> using encrypted passwords.  Also Samba is set not to try any
> combinations of upper or lowre case in passwords, so I'm assuming that
> Win95 is not passing the password case-preserved from the inital logon
> dialog, but I'd like confimation.

It has been my experience that Win95 uppercases the password.  To work
around this I've had to set 'password level = 4'.  Make sure you are
compiling with the fast crypt stuff enabled if your platform supports
it.

	Chris
--
Christopher Kranz        |   Systems Programmer   | clk at CS.Princeton.EDU
35 Olden St., Room 211   | Computer Science Dept. | Voice: 609-258-1747