Dial in accounts

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Nov 20 11:03:59 GMT 1998

Regarding remote network browsing:
We have had mixed success browsing Network Neighborhood from
PPP-connected Win95 PCs.  Our servers are all SAMBA, no NT here :-)
The Win95s have WINS-server defined correctly in the network
setup (checked by running winipcfg).  We wait a couple of
minutes after establishing PPP-connection, then try to
browse.  Now, some Win95s (my OSR2.1, for example :-) browse
without problems, but others with a supposedly similar
setup cannot browse.  Is the problem with older Win95
versions, or something entirely different ?  Note that
we are all dialing in to the same IBM-8235 router, so
everything ought to be the same, yet the Win95s seem to
behave differently.

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Building 307
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark