Remote accessing

Bobby Hitt bobhitt at crosslink.net
Sat Nov 7 04:10:39 GMT 1998

Hello all:

I have 2 networks with a combination of 95, NT and Samba servers on each.
The Samba servers are all Slackware 3.4/5 running Samba version 1.9.18p7.
>From each network, I can see all the hosts from each other using
"smbclient -L hostname", the DOS command "net view \\hostname", etc. From
network A, I can see all the hosts on network B, but from network B I can't
see any of the hosts on network A. I have the same LMHOSTS files on all the
hosts.

On network A, shopping is a samba server, foreignmedia is a samba server on
Network B:

shopping:~# smbclient -L foreignmedia
Added interface ip=206.246.70.21 bcast=206.246.70.63 nmask=255.255.255.192
timeout connecting to 209.125.106.205:139

On network B, looking at shopping:

foreignmedia~# smbclient -L shopping
Server time is Sat Nov  7 00:01:06 1998
Timezone is UTC-5.0
Password:
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 1.9.18p7]
security=user

Server=[SHOPPING] User=[bobhitt] Workgroup=[WORKGROUP] Domain=[WORKGROUP]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        backups        Disk      Backup Directory
        bobhitt        Disk      Bobby's Service
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (ACS Samba Server)
        lmhosts        Disk
        root           Disk      Root Stuff
        tmp            Disk      Temporary file space

I bought the VERY GOOD Samba book, but nothing about this sort of problem.

Any help is appreciated!

Bobby Hitt (bobhitt at crosslink.net)
Northern Virginia Information Services
14454 Lee Hwy, #259