smbclient sees the virtual samba server but not the windows clients

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Wed Nov 4 16:57:35 GMT 1998

Hi

> > I just read a previus mail from you.. you wrote something about a chrooted

> > environment - do you specify a diffrent smb.conf using chroot?
>
> It is a different smb for the chroot-ed part.  One is in /etc and the
> other in /usr/virtual/pico.radians.se/etc. Then I do
> chroot /usr/virtual/pico.radians.se/bash
> and
> /usr/sbin/smbd -D; /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
I don't know which unix you use, but I tried this once with linux, and
ran into trouble with shared librarys,...
maybe, e.g, the guest accound does not work correctly in the
chrooted-environment, and thats why smbd does not work? (Just an idea, can
be completely wrong)

> Does not seem to be necessary, the chrooted virtual host seems to do what it
> should.
Well... nearly, I guess

                                                 Greetings, Florian Pflug