password problems

Fabrizio campione at iol.it
Fri May 15 13:06:41 GMT 1998

We installed Samba server on a Alphaserver 4000 and we are connecting with
a Win NT client
Our server name is "ALPHASERVER4000" our client name is "PC3"
we arrived to test 10 and problem is still alive.
We can see with the NT browser "ALPHASERVER4000" but if we double click on
it a password is requested.
We tried with Regedit with all this options.
Run regedt32.exe and locate the hive key entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters\

Add the following value:
        EnablePlainTextPassword:REG_DWORD=1

Alternatively, use the NT4_PlainPassword.reg file in this directory (either
by double clicking on it, or run regedt32.exe and select "Import Registry
File" from the "Registry" Menu).
What can we do more ?????

Thanks to you for an help
Fabrizio Campione from Sicily