Cannot use smbpasswd for new user

SI-Gaetan Boudreau boudreg at IRCM.UMontreal.CA
Fri May 15 13:29:19 GMT 1998

> It has nothing to do with initial null passwords

Thank you for taking time in trying to help me.

The reason I suspect it does it's that it works for the other users, the
ones who already have an encrypted password.

> - you system (for what ever
> reasons) is refusing sessions on localhost (loopback interface). Are
you
> using allow hosts parameter?
> If yes, add the above address to list of
> allowed hosts.

I already has a line in my smb.conf:
allow hosts =  127.0.0.1 132.204.106.

> Or, probably, you are using interfaces parameter - then, you
> have to add loopback interface as well.

I don't use "interface".

> See list archive - this problem comes up the  NNth time :-)

I tryied but did not find anything.  I find it hard to search for
solutions in the archive the way it is structured.

Gaetan Boudreau, ing/P.Eng.
Administrateur de reseau/Network Administrator
IRCM (Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal/
      Clinical Research Institute of Montreal)

tel: 514-987-5563   fax: 514-987-5644
Internet E-Mail: Gaetan_Boudreau at IRCM.UMontreal.CA
Internet Web Site: http://www.ircm.umontreal.ca