Service not usable with WinNT 4.0 SR3

Steve Fosdick fosdicsj at aom.bt.co.uk
Tue May 5 09:35:40 GMT 1998

Dominic Saindon <domsai at sisca.com> wrote:

> I profided it a username (domsai) and a valid password on UNIX
> and a new message appears:
>
> "This account is not authirized to login from this station"

Service pack 3 changed the way NT 4 negotiates passwords.  If your
samba server doesn't do encrypted passwords you will need to install
the registry entry in the file NT4_PlainPassword.reg included in
the docs directory of the samba distribution.

Steve Fosdick                  Internet: fosdicsj at aom.bt.co.uk
Voice: +44 1473 642987         MSMAIL:   BTEA/BTLIP23/FOSDICSJ
Fax:   +44 1473 646656         BOAT:     FOSDICSJ
Snail: B29/G34, BT Labs, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 7RE, England.