NT shares

Fothergill, Donna dfother at mov.vic.gov.au
Mon May 4 07:01:15 GMT 1998

Hello everyone,

We have installed SAMBA on a Risc6000, AIX V4.2.1 without too much
trouble.

The problem comes when trying to view the shares on several of our NT
servers.  For some reason, the SAMBA client can see the share names on
some of the servers and not others.  It works on all the PDC servers and
some BDC servers, but all the servers that don't accept the SAMBA client
appear to be BDC servers.

I am not an NT guru so am seeking some suggestions to offer our NT
administrator to track down the cause of the problem.

Any help will be most welcome,
Donna

Donna Fothergill, UNIX Systems Administrator
Museum Victoria
Ph: (03) 9651 6756, Fax: (03) 9651 6180
Mobile: 0412 17 5511
http://www.mov.vic.gov.au