Printing from NT4

Daniel Grandjean grandjea at dgrsunm.epfl.ch
Mon May 4 07:19:03 GMT 1998

Hello,

Does anyone have done a setup of the samba server in such
way that the user on a Windows NT4 client must enter his/her
username/password to use a printer service ?

Is that possible?

I manage to have this working with Win95 with the option public=no
but it does not seems to work for NT.
The goal is to have a control of the printer usage. (accounting)
I'm controlling the samba servers but not the Windows
machines around.

Thanks for the hints!
Daniel.
_
Daniel Grandjean, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology        __  __
Address:     EPFL SI-DGR, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland       |  \/  |
E-mail:      Daniel.Grandjean at epfl.ch                         |o ()o _
Phone:       +41 21 693 27 24   (Central European Time)       |__/\__/
Fax:         +41 21 693 27 27
WWW:         http://dgrwww.epfl.ch                              \__/