Unix password Sync

Matthew Geier matthew at law.usyd.edu.au
Tue Mar 31 04:08:36 GMT 1998

 Ive just discovered that my previous email is wrong - the password sync
does in fact work under Solaris fine. What is happening however is that
when I create a new account, and call smbpasswd $user as root, it only
updates the SMB password and not the Unix password as well.

 I though I could change my call to /bin/passwd in my new user creation
scrip with /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -a, but as it doesnt actually
update the unix password this isnt particularly usefull and I would
rather not have to call passwd AND smbpasswd and enter the password 4
times.

Matthew Geier,                          matthew at law.usyd.edu.au
Computer Systems Manager,               +61 2 9351 0240
Law School, University of Sydney        +61 2 9351 0200 (fax)