browsing across subnets

Louis Shue Louis.Shue at syseng.anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 26 03:56:18 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up browsing across subnets on samba (Linux RH5.0
samba 1.1.18p3), so that I can browse from Win 95 PCs and see other
similar PCs. The samba server is configured to be the local browse
master, the domain browse master and also a WINS server. I have not got
it working yet :-(. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the
format is for the files \var\lock\samba\wins.dat and
\var\lock\samba\broswe.dat so that I can try to work out how to proceed
from this point.

Thanks very much.

Louis.