What shares are mounted on client ?

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Wed Mar 25 17:04:30 GMT 1998

W.J. McEachran wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 10:33:15AM -0500, Herb Lewis wrote:
> >
> > You can use smbstatus which will give you a list of services used
> > use by each machine.
> >

> That's what I thought originally but I only get one line per client.
> Forinstance my WFW box has 5 'drives' mounted from shares on the SCO box at
> the moment but 'smbstatus' shows only one line for my client.
>
> Samba version 1.9.16p5
> Service      uid      gid      pid     machine
> tmp          billjr   group    20960   billjr   (207.176.139.10) Wed Mar 25
> 09:02:18 1998
>
> --
> Bill McEachran                    billjr at penny.com

What version of samba are you using. I just mounted 3 shares on my
win95 laptop and then ran smbstatus

The net view from the PC shows:

Status          Local name      Remote name
OK              F:              \\CHOMPS\WIN95
OK              G:              \\CHOMPS\TMP
OK              H:              \\CHOMPS\HERB
The command was completed successfully.

smbstatus shows: (IP Addresses and date removed)

Samba version 1.9.18p3
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine
tmp          nobody   nobody    5794   herbdhcp1
win95        nobody   nobody    5794   herbdhcp1
herb         herb     user      5794   herbdhcp1

No locked files

Share mode memory usage (bytes):
   102248(99%) free + 96(0%) used + 56(0%) overhead = 102400(100%) total

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Technical Marketing                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Network Systems Division                     Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177