What shares are mounted on client ?

Charlie Brady cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Mar 26 02:51:07 GMT 1998

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, W.J. McEachran wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 10:33:15AM -0500, Herb Lewis wrote:
> >
> > You can use smbstatus which will give you a list of services used
> > use by each machine.
> >

> That's what I thought originally but I only get one line per client.
> Forinstance my WFW box has 5 'drives' mounted from shares on the SCO box at
> the moment but 'smbstatus' shows only one line for my client.
>
> Samba version 1.9.16p5
> Service      uid      gid      pid     machine
> tmp          billjr   group    20960   billjr   (207.176.139.10) Wed Mar 25
> 09:02:18 1998

WFW can be configured to delay the connect on shares until it is actually
required. I think M$ calls it "Shadowed connections". That could explain
what you are seeing. There's a checkbox for this when you Connect to a
network drive.

There is also a checkbox for Always Reconnect at Startup (or words to that
effect) - that could be the answer to your question about how to be sure
that the client mounts the shares you want it to.

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301