Problems with Password Authentication

Auteria Wally Winzer Jr. wally.winzer at ChampUSA.COM
Sat Mar 21 00:50:51 GMT 1998

I'm having troubles with password authentication.  When I type in the passwd
it keeps telling me that it's wrong, even though the user's name is the same on
either NT, Win95, and the Samba Server.  I even tried to incorporate
"smbpasswd <username>".  Added to the password list and still no
authentication.

Can someone guide me through the steps?  Also I would like for certain users
to not have to type in passwords.  Can this be done? if so, how?

TIA.

- Wally Winzer Jr.