Error while compliling

Charlie Brady cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Jun 29 05:52:10 GMT 1998

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Sing-Cheong Ong wrote:

> Hi, Please help me resolve this problem.
>
> While compiling samba-1.9.18p8, I got this message:
>
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
> make: *** [smbpass.o] Error 1
>
> I have re-edited the Makefile, and recompiled several times. Each time I
>
> got the same error message, at exactly this same spot.
> Is this a problem with my gcc compiler?

Probably. Exactly this problem has been reported by people trying to
compile other packages as well.

> OS: Slackware Linux 3.4, kernel 2.0.34, gcc 2.7.2.3

Either replace Slackware with RedHat or Debian, or failing that, install
gcc 2.7.3.

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301