New user and Install Problems

Sean Roe jackryan at corp.uniteddrugs.com
Fri Jun 26 17:05:55 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,
Im really new to the list as well as to Samba.  I just installed it on tuesday!

I am having some problems with it. (of course) I am running under Redhat 4.1
with the kernal upgraded to 2.0.33.  I can browse the server but I cannot seem
to log in.  Everytime I try to connect to it with Win95 explorer I get a request for
password that has the line

\\CORP\IPC$

and then the password block.  I have an account setup on the linux box called
"corp" which is the same as my other logons but the system will not
recognize my password.

on the smbclient I get this using "smbclient -L corp":

Added interface ip=192.168.20.1 bcast=192.168.20.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /usr/local/samba/lib/lmhosts. Error was
No such file or directory
Session request failed (131,129) with myname=CORP destname=CORP
Not listening for calling name
Try to connect as another name (instead of CORP)
You may find the -n option useful for this

I am not using the RPM version, I compilled the source, which compiled fine.
Any ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance,
Sean
Sean Roe jackryan at corp.uniteddrugs.com
Information Systems
The path of least resistance often isn't.