Connections across subnets

Rob Naccarato rob.naccarato at sheridanc.on.ca
Wed Jun 24 21:11:04 GMT 1998

First, the situtation:

1 server (1.9.18p8)
2 Win95 clients

1 client (A) is located on the same subnet as the server, the other
client (B) is on it's own.  Both clients are using the server as a WINS
server.

Client B is configured with LM Annouce to Yes and Master Browser to
Automatic.

Now, the problem(s):

Client B only shows up in it's own browse list.  It can only
connect to the server - no other hosts on a remote subnet.

Funny enough, client A *can* contact client B.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Rob Naccarato           "I know I'm a lot of feathers,
Sys Admin               but not much chicken."
Sheridan College                         -KM
Oakville, Ont. Canada