Samba Server Icon diseppearing

Igor Colovic cigor at EUnet.yu
Thu Jun 18 07:15:12 GMT 1998

>Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 06:22:26 -0400
>From: Bob Kruger <bkruger at mindspring.com>
>To: samba at samba.anu.edu.au
>Subject: Samba Server Icons disappearing
>
>I have Samba running on a server in a large WAN - there are over 800 NT and
>Novell servers listed that I can find, not to mention numerous DEC VAXs,
etc.

>When loaded, the Samba server works fine.  Unfortunately, it does not show
>up on any of the browsers.  If I put the IP address and the NetBios name
>into the lmhosts file of the individual work stations, they can log into
the
>Samba server, and whatever drives they have remapped show up fine on their
>windows explorer.
>
>But - the actual server Icon in the "Network Neighborhood" never shows up.
>
>Is there something that I might have missed in the smb.conf file that might
>prevent the actual server icon from showing up?
>
>Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
>Bob

Have you set browseable = yes in smb.conf. If you havent that could be your
problem.

Also try setting available = yes in global and workgroup to what workgroup
the server is.

ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
Regards to You all from
Igor Colovic
Europe, Yugoslavia, Belgrade
cigor at EUnet.yu