File access trouble

Olav Viken Olav.Viken at autronica.no
Tue Jun 16 07:45:17 GMT 1998

I am experience some trouble with wrong file group ID on files when a user is member of
several groups.  It seems that only the primary group is used.  This is not what I want.  I want
to control  witch group is used.  A setting in smb.conf like active group = xxx, or something
like that, so that active group is set if the user really is a member of that group.
The Force group - parameter can't be used cause then everyone is allowed access to the
shares regardless if they really are a member of that group or not.

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I am running Samba version 1.9.18p7 and AIX 3.2.5

Best regard

Olav Viken

ovi at autronica.no