Problems with Delphi 3 on SAMBA

Pat Caldon patc at acl.archaeology.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jun 16 07:08:02 GMT 1998

On 12-Jun-98 Andrew Johnson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have a Sun running SAMBA and have a problem with a share which contains
>Delphi 3 source code.  Compilations on large projects fail, with the .EXE
>file stopping generation at ~2Mb, although compilations of the same code on
>an NT drive are fine.

We've had it (delphi 3 c/s) running fine here on a Linux server for months with
no problems of this kind; I'm pretty sure some of our apps are bigger than 2
meg.  I'll send you our smb.conf if you like.

---
Pat Caldon | patc at acl.archaeology.usyd.edu.au
Archaeological Computing Laboratory,
Archaeology, Prehistoric and Historical, University of Sydney