installing samba server on sco open server release 5

ravinder reddy reddyravinder at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:04:35 GMT 1998

Sir,
 I went through your site and found helpful to integrate my win-95
cilents on to sco open server enterprise release 5 . I went to "samba
.anu.ed.au" and downloaded samba-latest.tar.gz of 1.3MB size .You have
mentioned to do gunzip and tar to unpack the archive. I have tried with
"tar xvf samba-latest_tar.tar", it is giving message
"tar:blocksize=20,tar:directory checksum error". Idon't have "gunzip".
Please try to send me neccessary steps as how to make "samba"installed
on my server. My E-Mail address:reddyravinder at hotmail.com.
   Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Ravinder.