SAMBA digest 1714

Ruud Huynen rhn at orcom.ch
Thu Jun 11 07:34:41 GMT 1998

Hello

I read the list always and sometimes I think I see some new options like the
following:

>    only user (S)
>        This is a boolean option that controls whether connections
>        with usernames not in the user= list will be  allowed.  By
>        default  this  option is disabled so a client can supply a
>        username to be used by the server.

After checking with my current version it is there. Want I want to say is if
it is possible to provide the version of Samba when this option is
introduced. For example:

only user (S) / 1.9.17p5
     This is a boolean option that controls whether connections

Or

only user (S)
        This is a boolean option that controls whether connections

[snip]

First in version: 1.9.17p5

Default:      only user = False

Example:      only user = True

When I download a newer version I only have to check the newer options. This
saves time.
I hope some other people see the interest of this.

Ruud