Samba file server

Pablo Trincavelli pablot at bancobisel.com.ar
Tue Jun 9 13:03:46 GMT 1998

I have this situation:

I need to share a 30MB application tree with about 400 PCs, this is an
entire application tree, and I wan´t all the PCs to run it off one or
more application servers.

The questions:

- Do I need to install more than one samba server?

- Is samba the appropiate solution, I´ve heard about something called
AFPS or something like that, that has less overhead and is "better?"

- Will any of this solutions slow down the network and obviously the
application?

- How much memory do I need on the server?

- Anything I´m forgetting?

Thanx a lot.

                                                       (0 0)
Pablo Alberto Trincavelli       Banco Bisel S.A. - Dpto. de Sistemas
Celular CTI: 066-475458               Rosario - Santa Fe - Argentina
                                        http://www.bancobisel.com.ar
work mailto:pablot at bancobisel.com.ar
home mailto:pablot at openware.com.ar