Hanging smbd Processes

Chris May mzk455 at unixrsm.ahipc.eds.com
Mon Jun 8 15:25:50 GMT 1998

	To whom it may concern,

   I have a machine that runs the smbd server daemon on an HP-UX 9.07 for users
that interact through Ntrigue.  Unless the users exit out of their session
correctly or if their Ntrigue session times out, the smbd processes will
continue to run unless manually killed or the machine is rebooted.  Is there any
way that we can clean out these unused smbd processes other than manually
killing them.

                                                                   ...   __o

Chris May                            EDS CSTS Renascence Center
248-528-4338  (8-224)                300 E. Big Beaver Rd.
Unix: cmay01 at csos.eds.com            Troy, MI  48083
Lotus: lnuscsts.cmay01 at eds.com       fax: 248-528-4390  (8-224)
MSmail: msustr11.cmay01 at eds.com