Simple password checker

Rik Hemsley rik at keyline.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 11:56:43 GMT 1998

I'm attempting to get a Linux box to authenticate users from NT.

I think it's possible by writing a PAM module (not hard) and using
part of Samba's source to verify the password on the NT server.

I'm getting pretty bogged down trying to work out how to do this -
it seems like it should be simple - just take the password and username
and ask the NT server if it's correct.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for doing this, please
do.

I think I just need to call
auth_ok = server_validate(user,domain,pass,passlen,ntpass,ntpasslen);

.. but I think I must do a little more than just call the function.
What's the difference between pass and ntpass ?

Thanks in advance,
Rik

--
/*