Can I specify a different username under Win95???

Barney Dalton barneyd at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 22 01:03:48 GMT 1998

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> > and then the username map file looks something like the following:
> >
> > ccurley = 99991
> >
> > which is described in smb.conf man page.
>
> Yes, but this works only for samba servers. I have to find a possibility
> which works for samba and NT servers in the same way. It would
> be okay to get an additional username/password prompt as NT
> does it when mounting a share.

I'd be very interested to know if this is possible - its the cause of a
lot of problems for me.

barney

/ Barney Dalton                                            /
/ Computer support  support at mech.uwa.edu.au                /
/ Personal email    barneyd at cyllene.uwa.edu.au             /
/ Work Phone        (61) (8) 93803058 or 93803051          /
/ Twist my arm :    http://telerobot.mech.uwa.edu.au       /