Errors compiling on Solaris 2.5.1

Ed Maple Ed.Maple at corp.netcom.com
Fri Jan 30 02:40:31 GMT 1998

Greetings. While compiling Samba 1.9.18p2 on a Sparc 5 running Solaris
2.5.1 using the Sparcworks C compiler I received the following error
reports:
             .
             .
             .
Compiling ipc.c
"ipc.c", line 1570: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to char : "./proto.h", line 50
        argument : pointer to uchar
"ipc.c", line 1570: warning: argument #3 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to char : "./proto.h", line 50
        argument : pointer to uchar
             .
             .
             .
Compiling chgpasswd.c
"chgpasswd.c", line 472: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to uchar : "./proto.h", line 1274
        argument : pointer to char
"chgpasswd.c", line 472: warning: argument #3 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to uchar : "./proto.h", line 1274
        argument : pointer to char
"chgpasswd.c", line 474: warning: assignment type mismatch:
        pointer to uchar "=" pointer to char
             .
             .
             .

I modified the Makefile according to the instructions in UNIX_INSTALL.txt
and ran make. I received no other errors neither before nor after these
messages.

I'm going to do a make install and start using this latest version, but
should I be concerned about these errors? I've taken a C programming class
or two but wouldn't consider myself a proficient C programmer.

Please respond to edward.maple at corp.netcom.com as I often don't have time
to read all the digests that are sent out.

Thanks.

Ed Maple