samba and remote registry service...?

Matthew Kirkwood weejock at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 03:31:47 GMT 1998

Hi,

Having just had a bit of a play with the Win95 remote
registry service, I would rather like to be able to
stop users from being able to reconfigure our boxes,
and ease remote administration.  (IMO, telnet is by
far the best remote admin tool, but try telling that
to Bill :)

Our current samba is 1.9.17p2 - does that have enough
stuff to cope with it, or do we need to upgrade to the
newer betas?  And do I need (to write) any user tools
on either client or server end?

Any/all help much appreciated,
Matthew.

Matthew Kirkwood  |  Mail:  matthew.kirkwood at lmh.ox.ac.uk
LMH JCR,          |  Web:   http://www-jcr.lmh.ox.ac.uk/~weejock/
Oxford OX2 6QA,   |
England.          |  "To do things badly is a basic human right"