Services

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Thu Feb 19 12:53:39 GMT 1998

You wrote:
| What I'm trying to do is allow certain people to certain services, but
| not to sub-directories of those services.

	Are Unix permissions insufficient for some reason?
	Samba provides a higher level permission structure that
	overrides Unix (Mandatory access control, instead of
	Unix's voluntary access control), for hard problems.

	I'd normally try to solve the easy problems with permissions.
	Admittedly this sometimes doesn't suffice! (Witness the
	discussion of Solaris ACLS on the list recently).

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb