User list in NT domain

William Brioschi capo at writeme.com
Fri Dec 25 16:31:16 GMT 1998

Hi.

I'm using Samba 2.0 beta 4 on a Debian 2.0 system as a server for some Windows
95 clients.
The server is configured as a domain master; network logon scripts are executed
and the network profiles are used and updated. It all works well if I use
the Win95 boxes as clients only.
Then I switched to user level security on a Win95 PC, using Samba for
validation, and tried to share a directory. It complains it can't retrieve
the user list for the domain, so I am not able to add any user to the access
list for the share.

Is it a configuration problem or is it simply not implemented yet (or will it
ever be)?

I think it is however just a matter of adding some values in the registry,
probably in
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\LanMan\<share>
but I don't have any idea of what to put in there (and it will hardly be
a simple ASCII string with the user names...) :(

Ciao, William