Using NT as password server

Tony N tonynich at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:32:02 GMT 1998

A question Microsoft seem a little vague on answering: If I use SAMBA as
the domain master with home drives and so on, and use "password
server=NTBox" with an NT box validating passwords, what are our
licencing obligations with Microsoft? If I have 100 users, does that
mean Im supposed to purchase 100 user licences for NT?
Also, would this be a useful thing to do for the purpose of having users
prompted for enforced password changes at predetermined times?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Tony Nichols